Paul is back at it people!
Here we go! I’m not the reigning champ right now, but I do have the most collective wins out of this challenge, maybe I’ll get another one!
THE 10 QUESTIONS
1. You are going camping at a campground for four days and three nights. Does this excite you, or fill you with dread? Explain.
How exactly am I camping? If it is in a tent, this does not excite me. I would wake up in pain and hate sleeping on the ground. BUT If it is in a trailer or an RV, then totally!!! I need a proper place to sleep haha. Then campfires and smores and spider-dogs. I will also need like a bathroom area at the campground. It doesn’t have to be over the top, but at least a proper toilet and water to wash my hands lol. I don’t think that’s asking too much. If these small things were available then yes, I would be excited!!
2. They say that, “Sally sells seashells by the seashore”. How much money do you think Sally makes on a Saturday in July, and do you think her business should be set up elsewhere?
I think probably like $100? Cos she can’t really sell the shells for a lot of money, since people could probably just go and pick them up off the ground. But Sally sounds like a business woman, so she probably has people working with her to pick up the best shells and get a monopoly on the market. She probably cleans them and shines them up all nice. Maybe she even makes necklaces out of them? Or offers that service for an additional fee? I think the seashore is a great place to set up her business. Who wants to go off the beach to buy seashells? Cos then you can still lie to your friends “oh yeah I picked this up at the seashore” AND THEY DONT NEED TO KNOW YOU PICKED UP IT FROM SALLY AND PAID HER FOR IT!
3. The ideal temperature for sleep is approximately 18°C (65°F). What are five tips you have for staying cool while sleeping?
- wear light and loose pj’s
- never tuck the sheets in so you can stick your feet out to cool down
- make sure you have a sheet and a comforter or duvet (if its too hot you can throw off the top layer but still have a layer on you cos you’re not a psychopath, you need one layer on top of you for sleeping)
- put your bed under a vent (I live in the basement and the air vets are all on the ceiling which is awesome for sleeping)
- have your bedroom be in a basement since it’s always cooler down there
4. In Season 4 of The O.C., Summer Roberts adopts a pet rabbit and names her Pancakes. What animal would you adopt and what breakfast food would you name it after?
I would definitely adopt a dog, or a hamster. I kind of want to get a hamster for my class haha. And I would call either of it Waffles.
Here’s a little story: I LOVED THE OC!! So when I saw this episode, I started calling everything pancakes. My brother had a whole tank of fishies so he bought me an albino one of the exact same kind that he had. I named him Pancakes. And since he was an albino, the rest of the fishies wouldn’t let him school with them! He lost his socialization. He didn’t eat. He was depressed. He died after 3 days.
But after that, everything was pancakes. It annoyed my brother SO MUCH. I loved it. He got a new bike and it was blue? Oh Blueberry Pancakes! He got a car and it’s white? Whipped Cream Pancakes. He got more fishies? ALL OF THEM ARE PANCAKES.
I was also doing this while falling in love for the first time. The guy said when we were living together we’d get dogs. Labradoodles to be exact. I said of course and we could name one pancakes! He objected, I don’t know what it is with guys and the name pancakes, but he DID say that we could use the name Waffles. Since Labradoodles have kinda curly hair and it looks a little like pockets in some lights haha so Waffles.
5. SummerSlam is an annual professional wrestling event produced by the WWE. Thinking of yourself as a wrestler, provide the following information: your wrestling name, your character traits, your catchphrase, and the name of your most devastating maneuver.
I think this will take me out of the running for any of the top 3 spots but I shant be answering this question. I don’t enjoy WWE in any way and having to think up anything entertaining enough to match Paul’s level of entertainment would be an insult, so nopes.
6. What is a frozen dessert you enjoy eating outside? On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the messiest), how messy is it?
Ice cream in a cup. I don’t like the cone aspect of ice cream, and cups are just easier and less messy. So oreo ice cream in a cup, mess level of 1. Thank you.
7. You are standing in an above-ground swimming pool and your sunglasses fall to the bottom. How do you retrieve them?
I ask someone else. T doesn’t go underwater to retrieve things because my hair is fake and I don’t get it wet and I’m also sure it would come off and float away?
8. “Walking on Sunshine” is an upbeat song by Katrina And The Waves. What songs would be on your summer playlist?
Call Me Maybe, No Scrubs, California Girls, Let’s Get Loud,
9. What are the pros and cons of patio dining?
Pros: fresh air, sunshine, wearing sunglasses, less likely to be overheard by people inside, better people watching
Cons: bugs, the possibility of getting sunburnt, sometimes I feel like the wait-staff forgets about the tables outside and you wait longer for service.
10. What is a summer job you have had and how long did you remain friends/in-touch with your co-workers after the job ended?
I usually don’t have summer-only jobs. This summer I had my summer camp job. And after the horrible way it ended with sexual harassment complaints and almost losing my full-time teaching job, I don’t think any of those friendships will remain at all. Some will have to since I work with them at the school full time as well, but we are separated enough that I hope a civil work relationship will suffice and not add to the animosity that I already feel for 3 of the 6 of the people I worked with.
1. You have entered the food truck business. Tell me about your new venture and your strategy to dominate the market.
I think the best way to do this is to set up in a touristy place and to have something so unique that no other food truck has it! And to work quickly! Some food trucks are so slow that it’s such a pain. So pick something quick and easy and don’t have a big menu.
2. You are going on a summer road trip and can take one person with you. It can be absolutely anyone. Tell me about the trip.
I would take my best friend, because she is amazing! Obviously! We would tease each other relentlessly over music, make one huge playlist with a mix of both our styles, which are polar opposites of each other. We would spend the time trash-talking our work people and the guys in our lives. Stopping at all the roadside attraction places we could find, and taking ridiculous pictures, and sleeping in the cheapest hotels/motels that we come across. We would have to camp at least a few nights since she is an “outdoors” person. There would be no destination, just a day that we would need to be home by. Let it all happen as it goes.
3. What are some of your favourite summer memories?
Camping with my family, going to the camps my church put on, reading challenges with my mom and brother, enjoying the pool in our backyard and played outside in the country where we lived. I was lucky to spend kindergarten to grade 8 living in this small town where I would leave the house in the morning with my friends and come home for meals and when it was bedtime. Yes, it sounds cliche but it was wonderful.