Let’s check in on how far I’ve come!
This year my goal was to finish reading 30 books. Last year I reached my goal but I also included books that I didn’t finish. This year I won’t be doing that.
So far this year, I have finished 5 books:
- When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
- The Tatooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- The Autistic Brain by Temple Grandin (she actually has a quiz at the back to do a VERY rudiemtary baseline check on if you have autistic tendencies or not. I scored 15/50 and you need 32 or higher to possibly be on the spectrum)
- It’s In His Kiss by Julia Quinn
- If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy
Books I did not finish which don’t count towards the total:
- Bring Back Our Girls
- The Brothers of Auschwitz (I started reading this book, kept a bookmark in it and went back to it again and read about anohter 150 pages but I just can’t read it anymore.)
- But You Don’t Look Autistic At All
Money Saved: $209
A new thing I am doing this year is how calculating how much money I have saved by not actually buying the books since I get the books from the library. This total will be for the finished and unfinished books, because if I had bought all the books, I would have spent the money if I had finished them or not. So as soon as they enter my house, they will be included in the amount.
I have returned all my library books and will focus on some of the chapter books that I have in my collection of student appropriate books. Some of them I have purchased, but some of them were included in free gifts with purchases. Since I have been spending a lot of time with my boyfriend lately, I haven’t had the same resolve to be reading so I don’t want to do library books too much right now. I always have to renew them and sometimes I can’t, so expect to see a LOT of youth fiction titles in the next update.