YAY The Blogger Games!
Aaron’s topic this week is sports. Which is funny because currently, I am sitting on my sofa with a heating pack on my hips/pelvis because I legit can not walk without being in pain. I hate my body.
This week’s topic is: Sports
- Answer the questions below in a blog post of your own and link it back to this post so I can see it.
- Your answers are due by next Wednesday, February 16. Results will be posted on Thursday, February 17 and medals will be presented.
- Every question is about me (Aaron). There is only one correct answer.
- You are not required to provide any commentary with your answers, but you can if you want!
- If you did not participate in Week 1 you can still participate in Week 2!
It’s time to play The Blogger Games II!
1. As a student at Bluefield College, why was I not allowed to participate in intramural flag football?
A) I had asthma
B) I was a dropper
C) I was too slow
2. As a 7th grader I played baseball for Woodrow Wilson Middle School. What position did I play?
A) Short Stop
C) Right Field
3. On New Year’s Eve, 1999, I sustained an injury while roller skating. What was that injury?
A) Dislocated Shoulder
B) Sprained Ankle
C) Broken Tailbone
4. Where did I attend my first Major League Baseball game?
A) Fenway Park
B) Yankee Stadium
C) Camden Yards
5. What is my favorite movie about baseball?
A) A League of Their Own
B) Field of Dreams
C) Bull Durham
6. I have been to one NHL game in my life. Who was the home team?
A) Washington Capitals
B) Philadelphia Flyers
C) Carolina Hurricanes
7. As a bank teller, I often ran transactions for what college athlete and future NFL star?
A) Russell Wilson
B) Andrew Luck
C) Robert Griffin III
8. As a child, I bowled in a Saturday morning youth league at what local bowling alley?
A) All-Star Lanes
B) Lee-Hi Lanes
C) Hilltop Lanes
9. Which of the following would I support in becoming an Olympic sport?
A) Ultimate Frisbee
C) Competitive Cup Stacking
10. As a freshman in high school, why did I attend every Girls’ JV Soccer home game?
A) My cousin was on the team and was my ride
B) I had a crush on a girl on the team
C) My earth science teacher was the coach and gave her students extra credit for attending
Your turn to share…
This part won’t be marked.
Did you play any sports growing up? What did you like/dislike about gym class? Which sports do you like to watch/follow? Have you ever gotten hurt playing sports? Anything else about sports you’d like to share?
I was in figure skating lessons for one season, but that year basically everything that could go wrong did. I had whopping cough, got my ears pierced and one swelled up so much that the ball popped INSIDE my ear and I had to have it surgically removed, and I sprained my ankle. So needless to say, I didn’t really enjoy also being forced to go to lessons after school once a week. The rink was legit right beside my school and I just had to walk there and my mom would meet me there and watch and stuff but still. Not a fan.
I’ve never gotten hurt playing sports, but I do love watching hockey. I like watching a few different sports actually but just not playing. Cos then I get hot and gross and I’m never any good at them.
I HATED gym class growing up and would try to get out of it at all costs. Like in grade 7, I got my nails done with acrylic for the first time. Now anyone who knows about this application of fake nails will tell you that they harden in just like a minute or two. So I go in the next day to school and am all like “sorry, I can’t participate, my nails aren’t hard yet” BAH! Then in grade 8 we were forced to run around a baseball diamond as a warm-up and had to complete two full laps instead of just running for a specific amount of time so I took my sweet time and made everyone late for starting the actual activity. I forged my mom’s signature on notes to get out of class in grade 8 after we changed schools because we moved, oh goodness. I just really hated it. Back then your grade was based on abilities, not your willingness to participate. Some people just CAN’T do things and asking a 14-year-old fat girl (like 230 lbs fat girl) to vault is just completely unrealistic and dangerous in my opinion.