1. In the first High School Musical movie, Troy and Gabriella sing a song called, “Start of Something New”. What are three things you would tell kids before they start high school?
- You’re going to a new school where most people don’t know you and you probably won’t be in all the same classes as your friends. You can be whoever you want to be.
- Join at least one thing. Anything you want. But just join one thing.
- I know it may feel like it at the time, but high school does not determine the rest of your life. It’s not the end all. Things do get better or different. (I know that’s cliche but it’s totally true)
2. The first iPhone came out in 2007 and thousands of people lined up to get one. What is the longest you’ve ever stood in a line? What was it for? Was it worth the wait?
I stood in line for about 4 hours once in high school. It was to buy hockey tickets for the OHL playoffs and my friend and I wanted to go to the rangers’ game that the tickets were for. It’s even more impressive because I picked my friend up before 6am on a Saturday morning and then we stood in line from about 6:30 until 10:30 or 11 before we got to the ticket window. It was 100% worth it because the game was amazing – obviously haha.
3. On the game show, The Price is Right, they often give away a brand new car and most contestants jump up and down in excitement. If you won a new car on TV, how would you feel?
I would feel AMAZING!!!!! I mean, who wouldn’t?! I think that is the goal when going on those types of shows. The car is the big thing. I have to admit, I would probably be jumping up and down too or doing a happy dance.
4. Four teams in the NFL have the word “New” in their name: New Orleans, New England, and New York (x2). What are three words that have “new” anywhere in the word.
- newfangledness (yes it’s all one word, I checked)
5. In what year did your favourite artist/band put out their latest album? How many songs are on that album and how many of them do you like?
I feel like this is going to cost me the first place yet again, but I don’t have a favourite artist/band and thus can not answer this question. Sorry to disappoint Paul.
6. Many items (books, cars, video games, clothes, etc.) can be bought used, instead of new. Tell me about some used items you’ve purchased.
I like to buy used if I can. I love bused books and there is a bookstore out near my parents that has books for 10 cents a book. TEN CENTS! So awesome. All my cars have been pre-owned before I got them. My first nail drill was preowned as well. And while I was never able to use it on my nails because it wouldn’t hold any bits in it, it was great to just plug in and turn it on to feel the vibrations and get used to it before I got my new one and started to do my own nails.
7. What foods are just as good, if not better, as leftovers?
Well obviously, Chinese food. And pizza! And chili and certain kinds of soups and stew.
8. You need a new pair of shoes. Describe the process of finding the perfect pair.
For me, finding the perfect pair of shoes starts online. I like to research before I go and have an idea in my mind of what I am looking for. I go to the store and try them on. I will go at the end of the day because my mom always said that your feet get bigger as the day goes because you are walking and putting stress and pressure on them. So anytime after lunch is good. I try on the shoes, both of them. And walk up and down the aisle a few times. I might even keep them on while I look at other styles. Then if I like them, I will put them in the box and carry that box with me while I look around at other styles. Once I have repeated and settled on a pair, the next step of the selection process starts. I have to take them home and actually wear them to something. If they are still comfortable after a day of wear then I know that I have the perfect pair!
9. Would you rather have a new friend, a new book, or a new TV show to watch? Explain your choice.
I would like a new book. I love new books because they allow your imagination to go wild and create a show in your mind as you read. I love being taken to other worlds and then being able to go back and revisit it. Honestly, I find that most new friends I meet don’t hold up to the friends I already have and yes, that may sound horrible but whatever. And with a new tv show, I find that I can only watch it once and then I don’t want to revisit it. Books I can always revisit and go back to.
10. The Newlywed Game is a game that married couples, as well as friends, play to see how well they know each other. The last person you texted/sent a message to, is your partner. How well would you do at this game?
AMAZING! It would be with my best friend who I have known since I was 15 and we have been really good friends since I was about 24? So about 10 years now of being close and then best friends.
1. You just got a new job and must introduce yourself by sending a group email to your new co-workers. Write your introductory email as if you’re typing it while riding a rollercoaster.
Good morning! I hope this email finds you wwwwwllrgl. My name is Giggghleding Fattienj and I am so jgappy to be jiugning the stream here at Cute New Job. I have 2576 years of experience in this fihdeld and come with a wealgihbe of knowdlbgbyee. I am eagpjuet to leadden and gtown in this neway positsuoon. I loojh fornted to meetbihend allkkki of you when I arrive on mttheiusday. Have a gjtewngul weekend!
Translation: Good morning! I hope this email finds you well. My name is Giggling Fattie and I am so happy to be joining the team here at Cute New Job. I have 5 years of experience in this field and come with a wealth of knowledge. I am eager to learn and grow in this new position. I look forward to meeting all of you when I arrive on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend!
2. A new restaurant is opening in your town. You decide to go there for dinner a month after they open. Write a review of your experience. (All the details: name of restaurant, food, layout, etc., are up to you).
Eating at Le Yum can only be described as a world of imagination. Their hostess was kind and seated our party right away. We were lucky enough to get a table as the establishment was almost at capacity for their Friday night. When you enter Le Yum, you are created with an air of serenity and walked through their lavish gardens to their greenhouse tables at the back. While opening during a pandemic may be a risk, Le Yum has clearly risen to the challenge and has secured its place as a must-eat destination. As all greenhouses only seat one table, they have been able to be open without being affected by the restrictions. Inside our personal greenhouse, heated and toasty warm against the winter chill outside, we were greeted with a variety of a la cart hot drinks to sip while perusing the menu. Sitting at a hand-crafted glass table for 4, with matching chairs, the view of the gardens outside and the stars above are unparalleled. The menu had a wonderful selection of entrees, ranging from steak to seafood to pasta. Most with the option to make the plate vegetarian. There was also the option of selecting a specialized menu with variations suitable for vegan and gluten-free patrons. The service was lovely, the food delectable, and if it wasn’t a busy Friday evening, we would have stayed in our greenhouse for hours after enjoying the ambiance of this magical experience.
3. You are the creator of a new social media platform. Tell me about it.
Only Friends is the social media app that you both want and need. It comprises of all your favourite aspects of the other social media apps that you love like Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat, however in order to even request a follow connection, members have to do one of two things: Have a unique code given by you OR answer a security question of your choosing. This way you avoid requests from scammers or people you don’t want to interact with. Only Friends – the best way to update only your friends. 😉