I’m kind of burning out already this week and there’s only been one working day, so y’all get something a little fun today.
I saw this on Janet’s Smiles the other day and I decided that it looked like fun and wanted to play along. Her answers are pretty neat and you can check them out here.
The goal is to answer all these questions about your senior year in high school. For those who are so inclined, that was September 2004-June 2005 for me.
- Did you know your current significant other? Nopesies. As I currently have no significant other, that is a hard no. And I doubt that anyone I date/marry in the future I would have known back then. But ya never know! I’ll keep y’all updated.
- Make and year of car? I didn’t own my own car. I drove my parents’ cars whenever I needed to. So a Ford Focus hatchback, and an Alero? Is that a type of car?
- What kind of job? Zellers – that’s like the Canadian option for Target I guess? Just less awesome? Ps: I miss Target so if it could come back that would be great. I was “customer service” which meant that I went wherever I was needed. Most days I would just be walking around the store tidying up shelves, helping customers find things, putting away refunds from the service desk. And then I would cover breaks in the Electronics and Jewellery departments too, and help to shut them down at the end of the night with counts and such things.
- Where did you live? In Kitchener, Ontario. About a 10-minute drive from my school, or an hour-ish walk.
- Were you popular? HA! Not in the least! I didn’t even have like a solid core group of friends. I bounced around between a few different groups.
- Were you in the choir? No, I wasn’t.
- Ever get suspended from school? No! I’m pretty proud of that! Although I almost did. I wore a halter top to school once, and it literally covered everything except my shoulders and a few inches on my back, and my teacher told me I had to cover up. I was prepared for this so I asked him what would happen if I didn’t. He was my debate coach so I didn’t mind pushing his authority a little bit. I had the choice of either covering my shoulders or going to the office to be sent home. I had one of my dad’s dress shirts in my locker so I went and got it and covered up.
- If you could, would you go back? Meh, like part of me says yes cos I didn’t have a horrible time, but like I also kind of love being an adult and not having the pressures that being a fat kid in high school has.
- Still talk to the person that you went to prom with? I didn’t go to prom. Wasn’t asked, and the people I hung out with most said they weren’t going but a lot of them still went. It was apparently very lame and had to be shut down about an hour in because one girl overdosed and they had to call the paramedics. She’s fine now, don’t worry.
- Did you skip school? Not in high school, but once in grade 8 I did!
- Go to all the football games? I went to a few when I was grade 9, but that was because my friends and I all had crushes on the seniors on the team lol
- Favourite subject? Anything history/law related.
- Do you still have your yearbooks? Yes! Grade 12 was the only year I was allowed to buy one and I was so excited because I was in a lot of clubs that year, but on picture day I wasn’t notified by any of the clubs so I’m not in any of the pictures.
- Did you follow the career path you planned? Not at all! I wanted to be a lawyer or work for an NGO.
- Did you have a class ring? No. But I do have one from the first time I graduated from university.
- Still close with your best friend? No. My best friend then was someone who I barely spoke to, but my closest friend turned out to be a horrible person.
- Who was your favourite teacher? I want to say, Mr. Weber? He was my debate coach and my history teacher that year.
- What was your style? I’m going to copy Janet here: I had no style.
- Favourite shoes? Something comfortable
- Favourite music? Pop and hip hop. Anything I could dance to.
- High school hair? I had just started growing it out after having it short enough in the back to spike for most of high school, so it was between my chin and shoulders I think?
- What kind of cologne/perfume? OH! This was the year my mom bought me my first perfume! I was “Notes” by Celine Dion and it lasted for like a thousand bazillion years. I literally just replaced it a few years ago. Same bottle. I obviously don’t wear perfume much.
- How old when graduated? 18
- Did you play a sport? No but I was in a few clubs.
Ok guys! What about you? Can you answer any or all of these questions for your senior year in high school?