I’ve decided to take one of my “phone free” afternoons, and I also decided to watch the first Harry Potter movie while I was doing so.
I usually check my phone multiple times during a movie or tv show, especially if I have seen whatever I’m watching before. And I have honestly seen this Harry Potter movie so many times I can’t even count! But this time I wanted to keep my mind focused on the movie, well as much as possible since my mind is elsewhere today. But while I was watching, I had a few questions come to mind. I’m sure they aren’t new questions, I bet the internet has heard them many times before, but since I didn’t have my phone to send them to my brother to get sassy answers, I am going to pose them to you.
- How did Hogwarts know that Harry didn’t open his acceptance letter? Like they kept sending them, why? I’ve been accepted to many school programs in my life (I’ve applied to about 10 programs since high school) and if I didn’t respond to one of the offers, I never heard from that school again.
- Do all witches have to go to Hogwarts? What if I got my acceptance letter and decided that I don’t want a wizarding education for my powers?
- What happens if my parents decide that they don’t want me to go to a wizarding school?
- Are there witches that aren’t accepted to Hogwarts? How do you apply? Harry’s name was written down somewhere when he was born, how did they know then that he had powers? Why didn’t he have to apply like everyone else? If there is no application then is he really accepted?
- How would a muggle parent know they have a magical child? And also, how did Hogwarts know about them? Harry came from a magical family so obviously when he was born they could “register” him for Hogwarts, but Herminone’s family had no idea. How did she get “accepted” if her name wasn’t on the list?
- Going off of that, how were non-magical parents ok with their children going to Hogwarts?! Like sure, one day a letter arrives in the mail saying my child has been accepted into a “magical school” and I’m just supposed to send them off? Alright then…
- During their flying lesson, why couldn’t Madame Hooch stop Neville’s broom? He clearly couldn’t control it. What was the purpose of her being there if she wasn’t able to control it? Why couldn’t she have used a spell to help him stop before landing on the ground and breaking his wrist? What kind of teacher is this?!
- When Ron, Hermione, and Harry were playing wizard chess to get to the stone, what would have happened if only Harry showed up? They were able to play because there were 2 empty spots and Ron jumped on one of the knights – BUT what if only Harry showed up? There would have been an empty space on the board, could he had still played?
- Why would Professor Quirrel choke Harry, but Harry could burn him? Like I get it, Harry couldn’t touch Voldemort so when he put his hands on Quirrel’s face, he turned to ashes, but shouldn’t it have been the other way too? Quirrel touches Harry so he should have started to burn! Otherwise, why did Voldemort make such a big show about being able to touch Harry in the graveyard after the Tri-Wizard Tournament?
- Why was Dumbledore so rude and just took some of Harry’s cand in the hospital?! Like did he ASK if he could have one of those flavoured beans? NOOOOO he just took one. Serves him right to get an earwax flavoured one.
If you have the answers to any of these questions, please let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts on things.