Vietnam Peeps and Meeps!
So here we are, on a rather chilly Sunday morning and I’m about to drop some love on you. Are you ready for it? Cos you deserve it! So here! It’s yours now.
I recently had the good fortune to be nominated by the lovely Laundry and Dishes for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This has added to my own personal sunshine for the last few days because every time I opened my email I would see her post sitting there waiting for me to make my reply, and I’d get all warm and fuzzy.
Y’all should know how this is going to go down: I wholehearted accept this nomination! I love nominations! I love answering questions, and reading all your answers as well because I like to snoop in other people’s lives. I’m not going to apologize for being nosey.
I’m also not going to follow any of the rules. Rules are meant to be broken! Viva la revolution!
So here are the questions I was asked:
- What made you start your blog? When I started my blog, I was in a transition and really struggling with my own personal happiness. I had been out of teacher’s college for over two years, I was living at home, no hope of a full-time teaching contract for at least the next 7 years (I’m not even joking, that’s the legit time frame) and even then I was set up for a lifetime of being forced to switch grades and schools whenever administration decided they wanted me to, and I wasn’t happy with the institution of teaching in Ontario. I had just quit my part-time job at Tim Hortons and there was another teacher’s strike ramping up. The second since I started teacher’s college. I was lost. I thought I was meant to teach but I hated my life. I started a blog to try to sort out what I needed to do to get out of the depression that was building in my life. It was meant to just be a personal journal that no one would read where I could just vent all my feelings, but then I started getting all my lovely followers and it’s morphed into what it is now.
- What is your favorite post that you have written? I’m not sure I have one, to be honest. I try to keep the blog along the same lines as it started, that I will just sit and write when I need to write or if I have something to say. There isn’t a lot of planning or anything that goes into it. So posts generally just mesh together in my mind lol. What is YOUR favourite post I’ve written? Anyone? One just popped into my head! It’s one where I was sad that a BBC series had ended and there wasn’t closure for the characters and I wanted to know what had happened to one of them, and one of the actors from the show found me (one of my followers reached out to him) and commented on my blog. So it’s not what I wrote, but that he commented haha.
- Do you write for yourself or for your readers? I totally write for myself. Like sometimes I’ll think of something that I think my readers will enjoy or something that I want their opinion on, but I definitely write for myself. I’m not sure I could do it any other way.
- What is your favorite book to read? Ella Enchanted! I love it! I’ve shared it with one of the kids that I nanny because we are very similar in our tastes, and she loved it too! If you haven’t read it, do it. Yes, I know it’s for tweens, but whatever dude! Just do it! And DON’T!!! Under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!! Watch the movie.
- Do you prefer movies/tv or books/reading? It honestly depends on the mood I’m in. Currently, I’m in a movies/tv phase. I think it’s the winter weather that has me being lazy. But when I’m in a reading phase, I can go weeks without opening my laptop because I’ll just be devouring books like crazy.
So if you wanted to read that post where a celebrity commented, click here and if you have a favourite post that I’ve written, I’d love to hear about it!
Now, of course, all of you darlings who have gotten to the end of my post are more than welcome to accept this nomination as well. Check out Laundry and Dishes for the full rules if you’re into that sort of thing. Otherwise, just answer the same questions either in my comments or in your own post, and don’t forget to tag me if you do!