I love how every time I see this, I giggle to myself at how saying I love you in German is amazing and terrifying.
A big thank you to Becky over at Strikeouts and Sprinkles! I love getting nominated for awards because I love to read all your answers to the questions. Let me in on all your secrets! I’m nosey – so sue me.
Okies so I’m going to actually do this one proper. I promise!
The Nitty Gritty:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
- What are the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made? The best purchase I ever made would be my nail art stuff. I have saved SOO much money over the last two years by doing my own nails. And I’ve learned so much by doing it too. I have to say I make quite a few bad purchases. I try to reign it in my having a system in place to stop impulse buys which works really well, but sometimes it doesn’t work. I think my last bad purchase was a change to my cell phone plan. I was talking to this one guy from an online dating site and we really hit it off, like it was amazing. But he’s in Queens and I’m in Toronto. We would do video chats sometimes but our phone connection was a lot better so we started calling each other which was awesome cos he has a great voice. Anyway – so I realized after a few weeks that my long-distance charges were through the roof so I added some US minutes onto my plan. Literally three days later we had a falling out and I had to change my plan AGAIN because I’m not paying for 1000 US minutes when I’m not calling the US. Pfft.
- Who is the messiest person you know? One of the homestay students from last year. Her room was GROSS and SMELLY and ugh.
- What are your thoughts on mascots? Overall, I think they are ok. I’m not a huge sports fan, but I love hockey. Not like I get really into following any team, but I will watch it and get way too invested in the game because I just love watching the game. I love the mascot for the Maple Leafs! It’s a cute polar bear named Carlton. I HATE HATE HATE the new mascot for the Flyers. OMG, it’s like something dragged out from the depths of hell – I literally can’t. Here, look at how OOO HELLS TO THE NO this thing is:
I am already having nightmares about it and it’s 9:30 am and I’m wide awake. What the actual fuck, Flyers?! Seriously!
- What’s the most useless talent you have? I couldn’t think of anything so I asked a friend who said it’s demanding pictures. I’m sorry that I want to see pictures of things. Pictures or it didn’t happen!
- What was the last photo you took? A picture of a blister on my hand that I got from the oven at work. PS: I’m dying from it. Please give donations to a charity of your choice instead of flowers at my funeral. Thank you.
- What song always get stuck in your head? Bananas in Pajamas. You’re welcome.
- What’s your cure for hiccups? Hold your breath and count to 20. When you get to 20, exhale, then swallow, then breath in. If you hiccup in the middle, you’re gonna have to start again.
- What movie quotes do you use on a regular basis? Um, I don’t really use movie quotes? But if/when I do, it’s usually a Disney movie. Frozen is a top contender. Or Mulan – Dishonour on you! Dishonour on your family! Dishonour on your cow!
- What’s something you’ve done that you’re proud of? Finishing my first university degree because I got off to a really rocky start. And moving to Korea.
- Is there a show you used to watch and stopped watching and want to start again? Grey’s Anatomy – although I just started watching it again. Does that count?
- What’s your worst example of procrastination? Do you mean the worst example as in you procrastinated so hard? Or the worst example as in you tried but it failed? Either way, I can’t really think of an example haha.
So I am seriously approaching my 750-word limit so I’m going to do the rest in as few words as possible.
11 Facts about me: You can have 14 if you read this blog post from two days ago.
Questions for all you lovely peeps who are nominated and those who just want to overshare about their lives in the comment section below:
- If you had to pick just one classic Disney movie to watch for the rest of your life, which one would it be and why? I’m talking released pre-2005.
- If you had to choose between saving a clown from a horribly painful death or ordering a free pizza, what kind of toppings would you get?
- Does the world really need the new Grinch movie that is coming out this holiday season?
- When you go to the movies, explain to me your thought process – where do you sit? Why? Snacks – do you bring your own or buy there? Pay for VIP showings? Time of day? How close to opening night do you go?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- How early do you start your Christmas shopping? Are you a “gets started in May” type of person, or an “Ooo it’s December 23rd already? Better get shopping” person?
- What’s the perfect way to celebrate your birthday?
- Do you have different versions of yourself depending on who you are talking to?
- What’s one fact that people tend to be shocked to find out about you?
- Thrift shops – awesome places of wonderment and joy, or full of gross things that people have already owned/wore?
- Rental Car insurance – do you get it from the rental place, or make sure you have your own set up before you rent?