I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
A great big thank you to one of my longest, and dearest, blogging friends Hot Mess. Not only is she an amazing blogger (seriously my favourite), but she’s transformed into a personal friend and makes my life happy. She’s my sister from another missus and mister (HM – that’s the rhyme you needed hehe. I feel like Fat Amy right now)
If you haven’t checked her out yet, go and do that.
First up, I’m going to answer her questions. I love answering questions!!
- Why did you start a blog? This answer never changes: I started writing during a period of transition in my life. I had just quit a job and was looking for something else. I felt lost and needed an outlet to figure out what was going on in my life.
- Leave a link to your favourite post. Why do you like it so much? I’ve written quite a few posts that I’m proud of, but I’m going to link to one from two years ago. Just when I started my blog. It’s a letter to my Future Man. I think I like it so much because it was one of the first posts that I made that got a lot of attention and even reading it now makes me laugh. It truly is a reflection of my personality – even two years after writing it, I wouldn’t change anything about it.
- Do you have any regrets about your blog? What are they? I honestly don’t have many regrets about my blog. I regret a few connection I’ve made through my blog. I regret giving the address to one person but that regret didn’t last too long. I’m over it now. I’m glad that it’s been able to grow and change with me as I’ve grown and changed over the last two years.
- What is your current favourite show you are watching? Don’t judge me too hard HM, but it’s America’s Next Top Model – I love it. I can’t get enough. And Project Runway All Stars.
- Why Aren’t You Watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Yet? Because I don’t have Amazon Prime?
- It’s the end of the world and your bunker will hold 3 more people in it. Who are they? I’m going to say that you have your own bunker and have your family in it. So I would have to say, Justin Trudeau (gotta have a government after), Ralph Fiennes (we could finally fall in love), and Vladislav Tretiak (to help re-establish hockey as the one and only true sport once the dust settles) Ps: can our bunkers be connected via tunnel? That would be awesome. But your bunker needs to be in Canada.
- I’ve just given you a check for $1,000 (£723.33) and the only caveat is you can’t pay a bill. What do you do with it? First of all, why can’t I pay a bill?! Secondly: probably shopping. I’ll buy some pretty dresses or books or crafting supplies lol oooo or kitchen supplies! Or hippo related things.
- You’ve been convicted of a bank robbery and sentenced to 5 years in prison. You are able to select one of the following as your cellmate. Who do you choose and why? Gilbert Godfrey, Mama June or Omarosa. I literally only knew who Gilbert Gottfried was (girl, you spelled his name wrong! lol) when I read this question. But after further investigation, Omarosa would be my choice. She seems to have some sweet connections and if I had to spend 5 years in jail, she seems like a good bet to get some extra perks. Plus, Mama June kind of scares me and Gilbert’s voice would annoy me after 20 minutes. At least with Omarosa, she probably didn’t commit a violent crime so that’s good right? And I have a degree in political science, we would at least have something to talk about.
- Who do you wish followed your blog and why? Maybe like a nail polish brand or something? Hook me up with free products!!
- Apple or Samsung? I own both but I prefer Samsung
- What is the last dream you remember? I’m not answering this one here lol. I sent you a text message so you know what happened and you know why I’m not putting it here. And no – it wasn’t a dirty dream so get your minds out of the gutter peeps! Even though I basically over share my life here, it would be WAY too embarrassing so I’m not going to share it haha
While I loooooovvvvvvveeeeee answering questions associated with awards, I hate nominating people. I really do. I’m going to do the lame thing and nominated everyone reading. But seriously, if you want to answer, write a post and link me to it. I nominate you *waves magical nomination wand in a grand sweeping motion*. I just feel like if I nominate anyone, it’s people who I have already nominated or who are currently very present on my blog and then I’ve probably linked them a few times too many and that can just get annoying. I don’t want anyone to feel left out or “ppsssshhhtttt why is this girl tagging my blog again” so if you want to play, play. If not, that’s ok too!
Since I like to be a little silly from time to time (yeah I heard that collective gasp), here is a list of would you rather questions for you to answer.
Would you rather:
- always be 10 minutes early or 20 minutes late?
- be famous when you are alive and forgotten when you die or unknown when you are alive but famous after you die?
- your shirts be always two sizes too big or one size too small?
- be completely invisible for one day or be able to fly for one day?
- have a horrible job, but be able to retire comfortably in 10 years or have your dream job, but have to work until the day you die?
- find your true love or a suitcase with five million dollars inside?
- be able to teleport anywhere or be able to read minds?
- die in 20 years with no regrets or die in 50 years with many regrets?
- go back to age 5 with everything you know now or know now everything your future self will learn?
- suddenly be elected a senator or suddenly become a CEO of a major company. (You won’t have any more knowledge about how to do either job than you do right now.)
- get one free round-trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free (I’m going to say this domestic flight covers Canada and the USA just for giggles)?