The end of my writing challenge is coming up quickly and I’m not sure I’m ready to let it go!
We’re already on day 28 of 30 and that’s making me a little bit sad.
I’m supposed to be writing about a place I’d want to move to or visit, but that’s too difficult for me! My “Bucket List” basically just says: Europe, Sky Diving, Bungee Jumping.
There is no possible way that I could write about just one place I want to visit. Instead, let’s have a list of a few memorable places I have already been:
- Eastern Canada – My family took a road trip one summer from Ontario all the way to PEI and back. So we drove through Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and then came back. It was like 2 weeks in a car with my parents and brother. My brother and I were in grade 9 and 10 I think so it was not the best of times and I was just recovering from a broken toe. We stopped at every single military base or outpost that was open to the public on the way because my dad and brother love that kind of stuff. Historical villages for my mom. All I wanted to see was the Anne of Green Gables house in PEI and we went, and my brother was a jerk the whole time! My aunt used to live in PEI so my mom showed us where she used to live and then we saw this adorable little old school house which hadn’t been used in like 50 years and was covered in vines and was falling down and was so beautiful. But it was named Puddleduck which is where I learned the word and now giggle over it every time I say it because it’s just such a weird word to say. Seriously say it out loud right now.
- Korea – Well, you’d hope that I’ve been there since I lived there for 2 years.
- Scotland – the best trip EVER.
- The USA – I’ve been all over the Northern part of the USA. I’ve been to Florida twice with my family on vacations but never to Disney Land. We went to some NASA thing while in Florida. Saw the home of the Tampa Bay Lightning. That was exciting because the one player from the OHL who I had a massive crush on during high school had just been signed to the Lightning that same month. I’ve been to Hershey Pennsylvania when I was about 10. My dad was teaching a course there so we all got to go. Mount Rushmore, The Grand Canyon (which I refused to get out of the car for…I rolled down the window and looked out..it was nice…) Jesse James Caverns, a museum all about the battle of Little Big Horn and Custard’s last stand, Salt Lake City, Lincoln Illinois just because the year before this trip we found out we were related to Abraham Lincoln on my mom’s side and she needed to see it. We were going to go to Yellowstone but it was at the tail end of winter and the roads were blocked. Don’t worry I didn’t just remember all of this off the top of my head. I asked my dad about this about a week ago since all the trips were before I was 16.
- British Columbia – My aunt that lived in PEI also lived in BC (she literally bounced from one coast to the next) so I was out to see her a few times with one of my parents. She took us to botanical gardens and Buddhist temples and Zen Gardens. It was amazing.
Have you ever been to some place amazing? Or have a place that you just really HAVE to visit?
This post is part of my 30 Days of Writing Challenge