Does that title even make sense? Maybe I need to up the caffeine this morning…
I thought this post would be easy, but apparently coming up with five pet peeves is difficult for me. I had 2 and then it just all fell apart.
- Being late. Ya’ll know how over Christmas I had a friend who made plans to meet up with me and then didn’t show up? Yeah. We all know what I’m talking about! I’m sure it’s happened to you, and me, and will again. I’m a punctual person. I kind of run by the “if you’re on time you’re late, if you’re 5 minutes early you’re on time” rule. If you can’t make it, let me know. If you are going to be late, let me know. If your commitment is at 4:30 and at 4:45 you still haven’t left for it – I’m not sure we can even be friends. If this happens more than once or twice then I’m going to just implode.
- Bad Grammar. If you are a grown adult, I’m sorry but you NEED to know the difference between their, there, and they’re. Also: your and you’re. I know that sometimes my grammar on this blog is a little bit horrible with run-on sentences, mixing of tenses, random words thrown in and what have you (I tend to type really fast and not really edit things before I post). But I’m talking about basic things. Like when to use how much vs. how many. That’s basic. That’s what I’m talking about.
- Slow Walkers. So part of this might be me. I have a long stride. I like to walk fast. I have places to go and things to do and I’m not going to be late (see #1!) and you walking at a snail’s pace is just going to make me angry.
- People who can’t text properly. For instance, not replying when you need a reply OR having a text back and forth and then they need to go somewhere, and just like on a phone call will be all “ok well I have to go now bye bye”. Like just stop texting. If it’s a text that doesn’t NEED a reply, just stop. It’s all good mom. Go to church to practice singing.
- People who hit the “reply all” button. Please. Learn. Basic. Email. Functions.
This post is part of my 30 Days of Writing Challenge