Oh, it feels so horribly wonderful to be back!
I got home last night and the first thing I did, after unpacking and starting some laundry, was to jump right into my blog. I had been trying to read new posts all weekend, but it was really hard to keep up. So I had over 60 posts to catch up on last night. I did a horrible thing and just read them all, clicking like on every. single. one. I wanted you guys to know that I was reading! I swear it!
But now I’m back and can focus properly on my blog.
First of all, how was your weekend? I hope those who were celebrating Easter had the time for reflecting on the sacrifice that Jesus gave to us. And those who were just enjoying the long weekend had lots of time to relax, see your families, and maybe get in an egg hunt or two!
For me, the weekend was jam-packed! My brother picked me up Thursday night at 9:30 pm, which meant that we arrived at my parent’s house just after midnight. I had a
horrible wonderful sleep next to my snoring pup who needed to have my hand as a pillow as he fell asleep. It was a test of my ninja skills to slowly pull my hand out from under his head as soon as he started to snore – thankfully I didn’t wake him up! He was not so kind and kept me up until almost 2.
Friday was morning snuggles with the other dog,
church and coffee with friends. As a family, we had afternoon fun with the game Exploding Kittens, which I had bought for my brother for his birthday. It wasn’t as hilarious as I was expecting, but the artwork on it was great and provided lots of giggles!
Dinner produced the one thing I was super excited for! A homemade birthday cake!! Since I was turning 5-years-old, I asked for funfetti (you know the cake with the sprinkles in the batter?) and my mum delivered! The consistency turned out a little weird but just slap on extra frosting and you don’t even notice!
Saturday was a pretty good day as well. Morning coffee with the wife, and then the rest of the day with my family. There were apparently a few miscommunications though, like when my dad text me to ask if I wanted my mum’s Nutri bullet and I said no since I would hardly ever use it, that meant to buy me one for my birthday! Thankfully I was given the option of a second gift, which I accepted over it (I spent a solid minute feeling crappy over that like, “I said no, and they still got it anyways so thanks for listening…” and then that turned into, “I’m a horrible ungrateful daughter” but then I collected myself). I had asked for a very expensive box set of the Harry Potter movies (since I have never owned a copy of any of them) and was given money to go towards that purchase. The wife said that she just got a set for 1/3 of the price, and that afternoon my brother and I went to secure a copy for myself! I had to put it on hold in a different city, and my brother picked it up and paid for it – and refused to accept anything to cover it so now I’ll just go shopping instead! mwahaha
My uncle and his girlfriend showed up in the afternoon, and his girlfriend gave me a stuffed hippo. She saw it on Valentine’s day in a dollar store and instantly thought of me! I just haven’t been home since to get it. And now Alfonso has a friend! Looking for a name for the new hippo – if anyone has any suggestions.
We went out for dinner at my favourite restaurant, and I literally could not finish my food. I had to take home my dessert – which put a little damper on my dad, it seemed weird but I would find out why the next day.
Sunday: church again, and lunch with my parents. My brother had left to spend some time with his friends in our old home town. At lunch, I found out WHY my dad was a little down at my constant “omg I’m so full I’m going to DIE!” He had bought me an ice cream cake! Another miscommunication: I wanted the funfetti because mum can’t eat the ice cream…he thought I wrote that I wanted both….so I got both.
Thankfully, I had to leave this cake with my parents. There is no way an ice cream cake was going to survive the 2.5-hour drive back home in 22 degrees of sunshine! We had a slice each at lunch and I am positive my dad will give the rest a home.
So overall a pretty great weekend I’d say! Just a few more highlights from it though:
- that giraffe on Facebook has FINALLY given birth!
- for once, the weather was super sunny on Friday – this was strange. Has anyone else noticed that Good Friday always has bad weather? Like always.
- According to everyone that I saw at my parent’s church I “look so good!” My birthday selfie does show how super adorable I look (Giggling Followers look out for a password post!), but I was taken back by all the “oooooo you must be so happy! You look SO GOOD!!” “Oh WOW I didn’t recognise you! You look SOO GOOD!” let’s be honest here, are they saying I looked horrible before?!
- I need to find ways to avoid shaking hands with the pastor at my parent’s church…he holds on way too long and it creeps me out. When I try to pull away, he puts his other hand ON TOP of our hands to hold me there longer….
- I really really missed my kids. My work family was out for family time on Saturday and took the time to call me from their van and sing Happy Birthday to me! It was so special.
- My nails are still in perfect condition! No chips!
- I found my headband stash and now will be wearing cute headbands for the summer
*sigh* It’s good to be back folks!