I guess it’s that time of year again where we all have to re-evaluate our lives isn’t it?
I have never really been one to enjoy New Years. I honestly don’t really see it as much of a thing to celebrate, but that’s just my own personality. I never have plans, well never have any exciting plans hehe. Every year, I order pizza (mom is allergic to cheese so we never get to actually order pizza from a shop), eat junk and watch movies. Then, almost always, I am in bed before 11. Staying up to ring in the new year has lost all appeal to me. But I love my little ritual.
As for resolutions, I tend to skip out on those as well. I’m not really a fan of the normal resolutions and tend to make the same one each year: to be a better, happier person than I was last year.
This could be viewed on many different levels, such as healthier, more active, less negative, more productive, treating yourself better, treating others better, be kinder, have more patience, etc. So much can be changed to make you a better person.
But I do want to make a few resolutions for my blog. Last year the only resolution I made for my blog was to reach 100 followers. On January 1st, 2016 I had 46 followers and now I have entered into the 300’s! It’s amazing!
This year, however, I want to be a little bit more ambitious with my blog resolutions:
- Complete the 365 Days of Writing challenge I have set for myself (starting January 1st.)
- Compete in the A-Z writing challenge (anyone have any good topics for it? Let me know!)
- Interact more with fellow bloggers – I find that since I get all posts emailed to me, I just read them and move on. I want to try to like or comment more than I have been lately.
- Use tags more effectively – I never tag my posts, but I want to start
- Experience new bloggers – Just like I have gotten lazy with interacting with the bloggers I already follow, I have really dropped the ball on seeking out new blogs. If you know of a blog you’d think I would enjoy, lemme know!
Do you have any exciting New Years Eve plans? Or will you be in bed by 10:30 like me? Hehe! Any resolutions for the new year you’d like to share?
I hope, however, you plan to spend Saturday night, celebrating or not, that you have a safe and enjoyable evening. Also, if you plan on drinking, don’t drive. (yes you get a PSA with this post) Take a cab, public transit, have a designated driver. Most public transit systems have a free ride program on New Year’s Eve (some starting as early as 6 pm and going until the end of service). Keep safe my friends!