I’ve come to realize that in some aspects of my life, I’m a little bit OCD.
Just certain things that I always do in the same order, and if I somehow mess it up my day is thrown off just a little bit. Like I’m not going to have a meltdown or anything but it just messes with my day. Here is just a small list of things that fall into that category:
- wearing my purse on the same side every day. I have TRIED to switch but I just can’t.
- my morning routine
- mascara, brush teeth, eye shadow, eye liner. I think this is more convenient though since I wear glasses. I always put the mascara on first so that it has a chance to dry and I don’t get globs on my glasses
- I always do the left eye before the right. I started this about 6 years ago when I got contacts. My doctor always told me to keep the same routine so I always start with the left. Last week I did the right eye first and I was all “omg what just happened?!”
- my evening routine
- wash face, floss, brush teeth – always in the same order
- the order in which I put on clothes in the morning
All these things are just natural habits that I have fallen into. If I for some reason mix them up I have a feeling that I’ve forgotten something for a little bit, even if I know that I haven’t.
How about you? Are there little things in your life that you need to complete in the same order or you feel weird?