I really don’t think I can deny it any longer – it is officially summer in Korea!
While maybe not “technically” according to the calendar, but it’s hot enough now so I am making the judgement call.
My weather app I have on my desktop (the weather network) says that this morning’s temp is going to be 19, with a high of 21 this afternoon. It’s 9:20 and it says that it’s already 25 degrees outside.
There are a few things I really love about summer:
- the roads aren’t an icy death trap
- summer vacation (since I’m a teacher and stuff…)
- road trips
- wearing clothes that show off my tattoos
- seasonal fruits and veggies – I pretty much have an addiction to amazing fresh produce.
- the obligatory “it’s hot let’s get Dairy Queen” conversations at least once a week
- burger stands that are “summer only” (at least surrounding Huron County)
- memories of summer camp
- camp fires/roasting food over the fire
But there are also a few things that I seriously hate about summer:
- getting burnt! thank goodness I live in Korea and the lowest SPF is 50 and I have a sun umbrella. YAY for pasty white skin!
- monsoon season in S. Korea. (late June-August)
- the little fruit flies/nats that will surround all garbage for the entirety of the summer
Now that summer has started, I like to change up my music. So I’m looking for suggestions from you kind folks! I’m definitely a top 40’s girl but will branch out for a good beat. I am so out of the Western music loop!
Also, any suggestions on how to get rid of those annoying little flying bugs would be GREATLY appreciated! I already feel a little over run by them 😦