I am always so humbled when I get nominated for awards, and today is no exception. Hot Mess (herein known as HM) over at Hot Mess Memoir has nominated me for a Liebster Award. Now HM and I go way back (like all the way back to January) in the blogging universe and I’d like to think we’ve created a little friendship there. Her blog is hilarious so please go and check this lady out!
We should all know the shpeal by now, but if you’re new to the world of blogging, and blogging awards, here’s the break down:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award but more importantly help to promote newer bloggers with fewer followers.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them (you can create a pingback by copy and pasting the URL of a specific post into your blog. It doesn’t work with the home page, but any other post will work. Their most recent, ot perhaps your favourite one?)
- Give them 11 questions of your own to answer.
HM – thank you again for the nomination. I love your blog and I think you’re a pretty awesome sauce person.
The questions that HM wants answered:
- What is your biggest pet peeve and why? When people (aka my mom or dad) end an email or a text as if they are talking on the phone. For example, mom sent an email last night. We hadn’t been emailing back and forth instantly, just her first email of the day. She ends it like this “well I should get going now, lot’s to do” Is that really necessary?! We aren’t on the phone together – it’s not necessary.
- What do you like most about blogging? Definitely being able to get out my thoughts and emotions in a healthy way, without screaming at someone. The 2nd best thing is meeting other bloggers and creating friendships with them 🙂
- What do you like least about blogging? Right now it’s that wordpress is still being stupid and I keep having to re-follow blogs (I can not apologize enough people!) and the numbers on my stats page keep messing up. But the other thing is how easily I was seduced by my stats page when I first started getting followers. I’m slowly distancing myself from that obsession.
- If you could quit your job and blog but for 20% less money, would you do it? I would love to say yes, but I’m going to have to say no. Quit my job and blog, yes of course! For 20% less? I wouldn’t be able to do it. My job pays for my apartment so I already have a reduced wage, if I quit I’d have no where to live haha.
- If you could do any job, but with just the knowledge you know now, what would that job be? I think I’d want to be a travel agent or flight attendant. I would love to just fly all over the world for my job. But my aversion to flying kind of makes that impossible.
- What is your favorite month? What is your least favorite? Why? Right now they are the same month. I love April – it’s my birthday, it’s starting to get warm, the earth is becoming alive again after winter. It’s amazing. I hate it because I have developed seasonal allergies. Literally as I type this I have just sneezed 12 times (yes 12) in a row, my eyes are all watery, I have tears trickling down my face and eyelash marks on my glasses. *please hold while I deal with this*
- Live in the city or the country? I prefer something in the middle actually. I’ve lived in both but a small urban community would suit me just fine 🙂
- If you could go back and tell your younger self 1 thing, what would it be? Stop being such a jerk! GAH Just because your friends are mean and judgmental doesn’t mean it’s ok for you to be. Be your own person, think for yourself. You are not a “mean girl” stop acting like it.
- What is 1 thing you are so scared of that it would send you into a full blown panic attack? I don’t think I’ve ever had a panic attack so I don’t think I could answer that question….but I do get pretty freaked out driving in the snow. I know it’s horrible coming from Canada and living in the snow belt. I spun out a few years ago and now I hate driving in the winter.
- What are you really good at? I’d like to say blogging, teaching, listening, photography, being a good friend. But those are just my own spin on things. I think YOU need to tell ME what I’m good at haha.
- What are 2 things you like about yourself? This is going to sound self-centred but I love a LOT about myself. My personality, my eyes, my nose, my tattoos. I pretty much like this whole package deal I’ve got going on.
Ok and now for my own questions. Since I usually get “your favourite” questions, I’m going to flip them to the negative!
- What is the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten?
- The worst book you’re read/movie you’ve seen?
- The worst vacation you’ve ever been on?
- The worst gift you’ve ever received?
- Worse style phase you went through (for me it was blue eye shadow and green lipstick at the same time…ooo the late 90’s were not good to me)
- The worst date you’ve ever been on?
- Worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
- Worst job you’ve ever had?
- Worst teacher?
- Biggest regret from the last 72 hours?
- Worst personality trait?
As always, if you are reading this and want to answer to questions, please feel free! I’d love to read your answers. However, since I’m feeling particularly in a “follow the rules” mode, I will actually nominate people.
And the nominees are (in no particular order):