Today’s nomination comes from gm1123 – a blogger I met through the Photography 101 course that I signed up for. I suggest anyone looking for some awesome photographs to check the blog out! 🙂
We all know how these nominations work: you answer the questions posted by the person who nominates you, for this award you then post 11 random things about yourself and nominate 11 people.
I love doing these types of things, because I love to answer your questions. I have an open door policy on this blog and I will answer any (respectful) question asked of me. If you have any questions you’d like me to answer, an idea for a post, or just want to drop me a line to have a chat, head on over to my Ask Me Anything page! 🙂 I don’t bite I promise 😉
So here are the questions from gm1123:
1. Name 2 of your most favorite book characters. Include a brief description as to why.
Elizabeth Bennet, from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I relate to her on so many levels. I feel like society is pushing me to marry just for the sake of being married. I`m almost 29 and the pressure is sometimes overwhelming. I also agree with her that “only the deepest love will induce me into matrimony”. I stand up for myself and don’t take crap from anyone (like Lady Catherine). While I do consider the opinions of my friends and family, I act only in ways that will secure my own happiness. And I hope to one day find my own Mr. Darcy. Of course he doesn’t have to be quite so rich 😉
Ella, from Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. This is a twist on the standard Cinderella story, and my hands down favourite book. I love Ella! She is everything that should inspire young girls to be – independent, strong, honest, kind hearted, courageous, full of love. I read this book at a very impressionable age, and it’s no wonder that Ella’s character has rubbed off on me
2. Is your blog for work/networking or pleasure?
Purely for pleasure! I started it just as a personal journal never intending for people to read it. Once I started getting a few followers I changed my approach to writing, but still kept the same concept. Just now there are a few private posts, and a few password protected ones 🙂
3. What is your favorite book that was made into a movie?
I would have to say the Harry Potter series. A year ago it would have been a different answer but after reading the books last year I can see what a fantastic job was done in getting the story onto the big screen. Some things I would have wanted to see where left out, but they weren’t crucial to the story plot, and it’s understandable they had to be left off.
On the other hand, the worst movie based off of a book has to be Ella Enchanted. Literally the worst!
4. Do you have a favorite blog site? Link them here.
This is a hard one!! I definitely have blogs that I wake up hoping to see posts from in my email – but kind of feel awkward singling them here. Let’s just say this: if I follow a blog, then I love to read it. Even if I don’t have time to comment on or like every post I read, know that they are emailed to me and I do read them 🙂 Maybe I’ll set up a widget of blogs that I follow…
5.Describe your best vacation that you’ve been on.
Definitely my trip to Scotland! It was the first vacation I paid for in full by myself. I saved and planned for it. I took a coach bus tour, and was literally exhausted by the end (I fell asleep in a restaurant in a London hotel on my last night hehe!) I went by myself but met so many amazing people. It took me out of my comfort zone, completely drained my energy, but I couldn’t have asked for a better time!
6. How did you pick your blog title?
It’s a mixture of things. Society’s views on over weight people, my own experiences of being great friends with guys but it never crossing into a relationship, and a conversation I overheard in high school of a friend saying I would be great girlfriend material if I wasn’t so fat. There is a longer explanation in my All About Me section 🙂
7.What are 3 things you never walk out of the house without?
Cell phone, head phones, and Doris
8.Who is your most favorite author…or one of them?
9. As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
I went through stages, like most children I know. I wanted to be a ballerina, a figure skater, a teacher, a preacher, a lawyer, a social activist, a writer, a photographer…..
10.What is an obstacle or fear you would like to get past?
This is a hard one…maybe self doubt? I tend to second guess my decisions a lot, especially when it comes to my future working situation. I think I need to trust myself more on that front.
11.What are you most proud of?
Again, super hard! Facing the consequences of returning to Korea. Even after the problems I had last time and the reaction from my parents, I know this is the place I need to be and I’m glad I took the leap and came back.
11 Random facts:
1.I was the only person in my family not allergic to animal dander when I was a child.
2. Once I turned 20, I started to develop allergies to animals and eventually seasonal allergies as well.
3. I love “domesticated” hobbies like cross stitch and knitting
4. I hate wearing watches, but need one for work so I settled on a pocket watch style necklace that’s only about the size of a toonie.
5. I don’t usually wear earrings even though I have 2 holes in each ear. The top holes have grown over since I haven’t used them in at least 10 years.
6. I don’t like eating cereal – If I do eat it, it’s with yogurt and not milk. Never milk.
7. I love white mocha’s from Starbucks but hate their white hot chocolate.
8. If given the choice, I will always choose a salty snack over a sweet one.
9. I have never fallen asleep in school or at work.
10. If I ever happen to get angry at someone and yell at them, we’ll basically not be able to save our relationship.
11. I usually give tv shows a 3 episode grace period to win me over. If I’m not thrilled by episode 3 I’ll stop watching it.
Now that I have fulfilled the curiosity of gm1123, I’m going to pull a normal Giggling Fattie move: I am not going to nominate anyone. HA! Its really hard for me to nominate people, I don’t want to force someone to reply or make them feel like they have to, or hurt someone’s feelings if I don’t nominate them.
So here is my regular deal: anyone reading this is nominated! If you decide to accept this challenge, link me in your reply post.
Please post the 11 random facts about you, and answer the following questions:
- If you were locked in a store over night, which store would it be? You can do whatever you’d like in the store without fear of punishment but can’t take anything out with you when you leave.
- You move to a deserted island (cos ya know, sometimes people suck), you have shelter, food, clean water, electricity, and an internet connection (we are all bloggers here, we need it!). What other 3 items do you take with you?
- Tell us about an unrequited love that you’ve had in the form of a poem (or prose your choice)
- Describe for us a recent dream.
- Write a “missed connection” ad for Craig’s list based on someone you walked past today.
Those are kind of detailed questions so I’ll limit them to 5. Once you finish, feel free to do the standard nomination of other people and write your own questions. If you don’t want to make a post, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the answers! I would love love love love!! to read them!