A big shout out to Little Sunshine over at 1617 Sunshine Avenue for the nomination for this award. She has a very sweet and uplifting blog so check her out when you have a minute!
I will break some rules and just answer her questions for her 🙂 I follow so many amazing blogs, and have been blessed with quite a few nominations lately that I think I have been able to ping them all at one point or another. Most more than once! Check out my home page for a list of blogs that I follow, and feel free to jump over to them and spend a little time getting to know them!
Ok, for Little Sunshine’s questions:
- Spontaneously, what´s the first movie that comes to your mind? White Christmas!
- Summer or Winter? Which one do you prefer? I love winter!! Once it starts to get chilly and I can wear my winter coat and boots and mittens and hat and scarf, I am a happy happy girl! I’m not a big fan of humidity in the summer – gross!
- What is a passion of yours that no one knows about? I’m kind of an open book when it comes to my passions, I’ve written a few posts about them, but I’d probably say cross stitching? I love making cute little things for people! It’s so relaxing.
- Are you more of a social person or one that likes to keep to themselves? Kind of in the middle? It depends on the situation and who I would be around. I generally tend to keep to myself though? I find being around people alllllll the time to be exhausting.
- What is your favorite free-time activity? Binge watching old episodes of shows that I love! Clueless, Sabrina the teenage witch, America’s next top model – just picking a season and watching it haha.
- What are your goals for your blog? Realistically, when I started it was just a journal really. Now that people are reading it and enjoying it along with me, it’s become an everyday addiction. Unrealistically, I’d love for it to become famous and take me all over the world promoting it! Hey Jimmy Fallon, Ellen, Oprah – call me 😉
- When did you start committing to writing? Or is it just something you do for fun? This year I committed in August. I had quit my job and was going through a really hard transition in my life. Since then I’ve kept up my blog and went back to a few books that I have started writing as well. It’s always been something that is just kind of there in the background.
- If you had endless money, what would you do? Travel – travel, travel and then travel some more! When I’m finished traveling, I’d go back to teaching. Or maybe teach and travel only a little bit?
- What do you do to stay fit? I love yoga! I’ve downloaded an app on my ipad to do it at home. It was free for like a day so I scooped it up as soon as I saw it. It challenges me physically but also allows me to work on my breathing and stress and helps with my blood pressure and heart rate.
- When you think of all the places you´ve been to, what was the most impressive and beautiful one? What did it make it so impressive? I’ve been to a few places, but I think the most beautiful was a camp that my church owned. It sits right on a lake, and if you get up before all the rest of the campers and just sit on the dock, looking out onto the glass like water, and listening to the loons calling out to the morning, do some meditations and have a few moments with God – that’s perfection for me.
- Tell us about an event that made you really proud. When I graduated from my undergrad – after my first year I was academic probation. I wasn’t adjusting well and it was REALLY hard work to get my GPA back up to where it needed to be, but I graduated with honors and with a double major! It took my 5 years and 2 summers worth of classes but it was so worth it.